Monday, June 7, 2010

Razor blade



I got this new material to make stamps and it's basically a big eraser it was less expensive than the Speedball High Quality Linoleum Blocks I was previously using. I went ahead and came up with a simple design just to test the new material, something really simple with lots of straight lines and a few curves but, it didn't come out good I felt like I was carving jell-o the block it's too soft and it's really hard to control the blade and make exact slices. Oh well... I'll just use the rest of it and maybe next weekend I'll go back to my regular linoleum blocks.

2 comments:

  1. I bought one of these too and haven't used it yet. They're so shallow it seems like it will be hard to grip onto and stamp. I like your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Felicity!
    I got the block because I kept seeing you using erasers to make your stamps and wanted to give it a try :) also someone else (Karumen) mentioned that she used to make her stamps using erasers but, I had no luck with them. I prefer the other lino blocks even if they are harder to carve but, I get much more control and clean cuts. I want to see more stamps from you! I really liked the scull and cone one you made.

    ReplyDelete